Posted On 2019/05/13
Closing Date 2019/06/30
Location Burlington, ON
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: $24/hr + overtime + benefits + pension
Our client, a manufacturer of custom packaging machinery, has an immediate opening for an Engineering Support Technician. The role is ideal for an Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technician/Technologist or Mechatronics graduate with 2+ years of work experience, coupled with above-average communication and customer service skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an established and stable company in the local area. Interested and qualified candidates please fill out the form and attach your resume, quoting job # 4253 in the subject line or you can contact Karen Hannam directly at the email address listed above.
We would like to thank all applicants however only those under serious consideration will be contacted. Thank you.
- Working in-house, to provide technical support to service technicians in the field and collaborate in the mechanical and electrical trouble-shooting of machinery
- Coordinate service schedule and dispatch technicians as required
- Provide quotations and repair estimates, prepare service reports and complete documentation related to service
- Repair, build and rebuild machinery as required
- Communicate with customers regarding machinery service/operation inquiries
- Be groomed to move into a field service position
- Post-secondary education in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technologist/Technician or Mechatronics
- Sound understanding of Allen Bradley PLC’s, electronics, electrical circuitry and the ability to read schematics
- Excellent communication, time management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Valid drivers’ licence (to travel to customer locations on rare occasion)
- Canadian passport for North American travel (training and trade shows)
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel