Posted On 2019/08/12
Closing Date 2019/09/29
Location Waterloo, ON
To apply please email email@example.com
Our client has been in business for over 15 years with operations in Waterloo and the US, they specialize in the custom design, fabrication and installation for a variety of projects that include; conveyors, stainless steel tanks & hoppers, mixers ovens, packaging equipment as well as silo systems, spiral freezers and other custom stainless steel fabrication. Our client is service-based company with customer service being their number one priority. They currently have over 60 employees and we are expanding rapidly in Canada and the US.
General Manager Job Description
Our client is looking to hire a General Manager who is a; strategic, self motivated leader that will oversee the company’s operations, direct and manage the organizations business activities, as well as implement effective strategies and programs to maximize customer satisfaction and company profitability. The General Manager will report directly to the owners and will have plant operations, field operations, engineering, sales and administration reporting to the GM. The General Manager will be responsible for the companies P&L, they will be allocating budget resources, formulating policies, coordinating business operations between the departments, managing and developing staff, managing operational costs, improving administration processes, identifying business opportunities and monitoring financial activities. We are looking for a person who will focus on promoting a safe, engaging, customer-centric, positive work environment where employee development and collaboration are at the forefront.
If this exciting opportunity to join a growing entrepreneurial company is of interest to you please contact Peter Lister from Elby Professional Recruitment at the email listed above and quote job #4338.
We’d like to thank all applicants however only those under serious consideration will be contacted.
- Oversee the daily business operations both in the fabrication plants and in the field
- Ensure that all departments are collaborating so that the company is meeting or exceeding client expectations
- Monitor each departments workflow and identify any challenges, delays and/or opportunities for improvement
- Develop and implement growth strategies with the executive team
- Create, maintain and evaluate process’ and procedures
- Asses new technologies and collaborate with the executive team regarding potential technology improvements
- Help promote company culture that encourages top performance and high morale
- Hiring, and development of Management level staff
- Delegate responsibilities to team leads and management
- Coach management team to optimize their capabilities
- Complete employee performance reviews
- Generate reports and presentations for the executive team
- Analyze and monitor financial data
- Create manage and monitor budgets
- Work with Marketing and Sales to capture more market share and maximize customer satisfaction
- To be considered for the role you must have 5 plus years experience as a; General Manager, COO, Operations Manager, Plant Manager or similar role
- The successful candidate will have experience in at least one of the following industries; manufacturing, fabrication, automation, or construction
- The ideal candidate will have a Degree or Diploma in Business, Engineering or Accounting however this in not a requirement depending on experience
- To be considered for this opportunity you will have to have demonstrated a strong business acumen and have examples and references to support that skill set
- Strong leadership experience is required
- Must be able willing to travel to project sites periodically in Canada and the US. There will not be substantial travel in this role