Posted On 2019/06/17
Closing Date 2019/07/31
Location St. Catherines, ON
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is an established manufacturer of fabricated metal products. Due to growth, they have an immediate opening for a PRODUCTION SHIFT MANAGER. This role is ideal for a competent supervisor with 3-5 years’ relevant SUPERVISORY experience in a steel fabrication and assembly environment.
What our client can offer you:
- Competitive salary of $60K
- Comprehensive benefits program including long-term disability
- Great hours: 7-3 Monday to Friday
- Easy commute for those residing in the Niagara to Hamilton corridor
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a reputable and established company in the local area! Interested and qualified candidates please fill out the form and attach your resume, quoting job # 4293 in the subject line, or, you can contact Karen Hannam directly at the email listed above.
We’d like to thank all applicants, however only those under serious consideration will be contacted.
- Production planning; maintaining workflow by monitoring steps of processes, assigning personnel, making recommendations and adjustments to ensure deadlines and quality objectives and standards are met
- Daily communication with production members re: job expectations; provide ongoing training and coaching, enforcing policies and procedures and communicating daily goals
- Focus on LEAN manufacturing processes, 5S improvements and the evaluation of new equipment and manufacturing techniques
- Maintains safe and clean work environment in compliance with established policies and procedures
- Cultivates positive working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective agreement
- Stay up to date on new technology and leadership enrichment through participation in educational workshops, seminars and training
- A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience, unionized setting
- LEAN manufacturing experience preferred; competent in managing and improving processes
- Production planning, sheet metal manufacturing methods and robotic welding experience
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Outlook and Excel) and ERP experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills; highly capable of interacting with personnel at any level of the organization
- Excellent time management, reliable and outgoing, self-motivated