Please fill out the form below to apply.
Reference Number: 4691
- Posted on: February 5, 2021
- Closes on: February 19, 2021
- Location: Etobicoke, ON Canada
- Category: Accounting & Finance
- Type: Full Time
- Salary: 80k Annually
To apply email email@example.com
Our client is a rapidly growing CPG company located in Etobicoke and they have an immediate requirement for a Senior Corporate Accountant. This is an exciting opportunity for a progressive accounting professional that has completed or is working towards completion of their CPA with 3+ years’ experience in corporate accounting to shine in a great work environment with opportunity for growth. Reporting to the Accounting Manager who is an excellent mentor, you will gain exposure to an array of corporate accounting functions and be an active contributing member of an outstanding accounting team.
Our client is offering an excellent work environment, an opportunity to work with an exceptional mentor and teacher and a competitive compensation package. If you possess the necessary skill sets and you are excited to learn more about this opportunity email Adam immediately at the email address above.
- Support month-end closing procedures, ensuring timely and accurate reporting. Initiate and complete the sales closing processes in Visual by coordinating with Accounts Receivable and Customer Service.
- Working with Jr. Accountant, lead inter-company reconciliation process. Review transactions and communicate with the other divisions to ensure accurate reconciliations to be completed on a weekly basis.
- Take full ownership of fixed assets reporting.
- Maintain fixed assets file (including Alteryx for HQ) and prepare fixed assets continuity schedule
- Reconcile capital budget to actual spending and cash flow projections by coordinating with engineering department.
- Prepare supporting schedules for month-end and perform balance sheet reconciliations in Reconciliation Tool (Blackline).
- Prepare/assist financial reporting packages including but not limited to Reporting Package, Financial Package
- Assist with financial analysis and other reporting requirements as needed and support Finance Manager in various related activities.
- Ad hoc requests/projects.
- Participate in various finance initiatives to streamline and improve current processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, along with a CPA designation or in progress of completion
- Minimum of 3+ years experience
- Strong knowledge of Canadian GAAP and full cycle accounting
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision