Please fill out the form below to apply.
Reference Number: 4584
- Posted on: July 28, 2020
- Closes on: August 15, 2020
- Location: Vaughan, ON Canada
- Category: Accounting & Finance
- Type: Full Time
- Salary: TBD Annually
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Weber-Stephen Products LLC is the world’s premier manufacturer of charcoal, gas and electric grills, grilling accessories, and award-winning cookbooks and mobile applications. In September 2014, the company opened its Canadian subsidiary—Weber-Stephen Canada Co.—and Weber Grill Academy in Vaughan, Ontario. Weber grills are sold worldwide at select national home centres, speciality hardware stores, patio stores and other retail outlets.
Elby has partnered with Weber-Stephen Canada Company in the search for a Senior Manager, Finance (Finance Lead for Canada). The Senior Manager, Finance is a key contributor to the leadership team, working closely with the General Manager to support decisions related to the company’s objectives.
Weber-Stephen Canada is offering a competitive compensation package, along with a great working environment. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity, possess the necessary skill set and are interested to learn more about working for this iconic organization, email your resume immediately to email@example.com.
This position reports directly to the company’s General Manager with a dotted-line to the Senior Director, Americas Finance & Accounting. This individual will be responsible for managing the overall financial and accounting operations of the organization including strategic planning, financial reporting and data analysis, budgeting, and forecasting. The individual will be required to utilize company systems/processes to prepare data and provide accurate and timely reports, financial and otherwise, for all internal departments. This individual will be a key business partner to the GM and the Canadian sales team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the company’s accounting and financial operations, including the monthly financial close and reporting process, the recording of any adjusting journal entries, the review and approval of accounts payable and accounts receivable balances processed by the US-based shared service center, and other activities to support the accurate reporting of the financial results for the WSP Canadian business unit in accordance with US GAAP.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements and external reporting to financial institutions, ensuring that all statutory and governmental reporting requirements are met for WSP Canadian business unit.
- Manage and provide administration of the company’s payroll processes.
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal, regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Conduct budgeting and forecasting activities in support of the company’s various departments and operations.
- Provide continual support and recommendations in relation to the company’s financial planning and decision-making.
- Prepare, analyze, and present monthly, quarterly and annual operating results for the Canada WSP organization.
- Provide strategic analysis as required to drive improved decision-making.
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of financial information.
- Coordinate year-end audit and preparation of audited financial statements.
- Generate reports including performance against budgets and ad hoc reporting.
- Support new systems or project selections and implementation from a strategic finance and internal control perspective.
- Ensure rapid and consistent collection of receivables by refining and implementing control mechanisms in coordination with the US-based shared service center.
- Work with GM and parent company on legal contracts that are required
- Qualified CPA with 5+ years’ experience in finance management, business analysis and management reporting
- Experience working in the Consumer Goods industry where you have partnered with sales, marketing, and operations to drive results around a brand
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and presentation skills
- Proficiency in SAP and experience with US GAAP
- Experience with complexities around transfer pricing and selling imported products to the consumer market in Canada