Please fill out the form below to apply.
Reference Number: 4630
- Posted on: October 2, 2020
- Closes on: October 20, 2020
- Location: Etobicoke, ON Canada
- Category: Accounting & Finance
- Type: Full Time
- Salary: 120-130k Annually
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client has an immediate opening for a SOX & Compliance Manager, this is a newly created role and represents an opportunity to build the Controls process and framework. Our client is a successful and growing Consumer Packaged Goods company with a Divisional Head Office in Etobicoke, they are a Division of a large US based publicly traded CPG Company. This position will report to the Director of Finance and will work closely with corporate and divisional function groups to ensure Divisional compliance with regulations surrounding internal controls and ensure internal controls comply with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX). This position requires extensive contact with Corporate Finance groups, Business Unit Operations, Internal Audit and External Auditors.
Our client is offering a unique opportunity to establish a new controls environment as well as a great corporate culture and competitive compensation package. If you possess the necessary skillsets and you are excited to learn more, email the address above and quote job order number 4630.
- Project manage the implementation of SOX compliance within the division by working with member from corporate office and external auditors
- Build business process documentation related to deficiencies in internal controls and SOX compliance
- Develop and manage relationships with key Corporate Finance colleagues to communicate and manage guidance and procedures requirements of SOX
- Support the division as subject matter expert on internal financial controls
- Gather evidence of proper performance of key controls and their management evaluation
- Make appropriate changes to current controls/implementation of new controls; ensure that business process documentation is updated to identify significant change events, process and key internal controls.
- Identify gaps in control effectiveness and act as a SOX subject matter expert advisor as it relates to gap remediation activities flagged by corporate external auditors, including preparation of memos outlining the solution (as required)
- Provide training on roles, responsibilities, and tools to achieve sustainable SOX compliance.
- Implement the sub-certification process in the division
- Support the co-ordination of the external auditor’s annual activities to conduct its walkthroughs and testing
- Participate on a number of multi-function teams to provide internal control guidance
- Manage ad hoc internal control requests as required by Senior Management
- Project Management- Work on process improvement projects (as required)
- Designated CPA, CA with experience in a mid-large Audit Firm
- 2+ years post qualification experience in internal control, audit, SOX and/or Compliance in a publicly traded company
- strong understanding of US and Canadian GAPP, IFRS and internal financial controls
- The ability to work in a demanding and rapidly changing environment under strict deadlines
- Superior ability to document and present information in a professional and accurate manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills including the ability to multitask and synthesize information from various sources
- Self starter, solutions and delivery oriented