Please fill out the form below to apply.
Reference Number: 4694
- Posted on: January 6, 2021
- Closes on: January 19, 2021
- Location: Mississauga, ON Canada
- Category: Accounting & Finance
- Type: Full Time
- Salary: TBD Annually
To Apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is a growing and fun to work at public accounting firm with interesting clients and challenging mandates. They are looking for a bright, Staff Accountant capable of delivering results, contributing to a great working culture and able to grow with the Firm. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with 2+ busy seasons in public accounting looking to work in an entrepreneurial setting where high quality of work is the standard. This firm and role will appeal to progressive individuals who can work hard and want to be part of a fun team where work/life balance is a priority. Reporting to a Manager and a Principal the Intermediate/Senior Accountant will be responsible for the responsibilities below.
If you are excited about the opportunity please email your resume quoting job order number 4692 to Adam at the email listed above.
- Preparing compilation engagements for companies in a variety of industries;
- Assisting on audit and review engagements for companies in a variety of industries;
- Preparing corporate tax returns;
- Preparing personal tax returns;
- Managing own schedule to ensure client reporting deadlines are met;
- Creating time efficiencies and managing multiple deadlines;
- Contributing to our positive team dynamic with all levels of staff and management;
- Developing respect-based relationships with clients and team members.
- Undergraduate degree with specialization in accounting;
- Minimum of 1 full year of Canadian public accounting experience (or 2 full co-op terms at a mid-sized public accounting firm);
- Strong knowledge of personal and corporate Canadian income tax rules;
- Strong working knowledge of Caseware, Profile, and Excel;
- Strong financial acumen and analytical agility;
- Detail oriented, organized and able to meet tight deadlines;
- Self-motivated, results driven, prefers to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment;
- Proven prioritization, time management and project management skills;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills and ability to build strong client relationships;
- Strong belief that accounting can be fun.