Please fill out the form below to apply.
Reference Number: 4569
- Posted on: September 24, 2020
- Closes on: October 13, 2020
- Location: Mississauga, ON Canada
- Category: Accounting & Finance
- Type: Full Time
- Salary: TBD Annually
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a self-starter, hungry to make a contribution to a growing and dynamic firm? Do you obsess over finding ways to help your clients save tax money? Are you passionate about teaching others? Do you want to be a valuable and valued resource for a solid group of enthusiastic and dedicated accounting professionals? If your answer is YES!!! to all of the above, you might just be the super-star our client is looking for.
About our Client
Our client is a boutique firm in Mississauga that works with exciting, high-net-worth, driven entrepreneurs. Their clients choose to work with them because of their unwavering desire to deliver value through quality, care and candour. They strive to optimize their clients’ financial health and provide an unparalleled client service experience in the process. The firm prides themselves on taking care of their people by providing a warm and welcoming environment, where everyone is heard and valued.
Our client is offering a competitive compensation package along with a unique and progressive work environment. If you posses the necessary skillsets and you are excited to discuss this opportunity in more detail please send your resume to the address above and quote job order number 4569
- Conduct quality control review of tax returns prepared by staff and partners
- Identify and address corporate and associated personal tax issues and opportunities, including compensation planning, income splitting, loss utilization, etc.
- Identify and mitigate tax risk
- Provide plain English recommendations on organizational structure, use of Family Trusts and tax planning opportunities
- Improve tax preparation and quality control processes and implement best practices
- Manage and coordinate tax audits and CRA correspondence
- Assist with voluntary disclosure applications
- Assist in preparation or detailed review of complex income tax returns (personal, trust and corporate)
- Conduct tax research
- Stay abreast of tax changes and consider their impact on the firm’s clients
- Communicate and share tax developments through blogs and newsletters
- Develop and conduct internal staff training sessions
- Manage own schedule to ensure client reporting deadlines are met
- Create time efficiencies and managing multiple deadlines
- Contribute to our positive team dynamic with all levels of staff and management
- Develop respect-based relationships with clients and team members
- Canadian Accounting Designation (CPA) and successful completion of the CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Course Levels 1 and 2, or Masters of Taxation
- Minimum of one year in a tax manager role in public practice dealing with owner-managed clients
- A background in tax compliance and accounting for income tax for all types of tax returns
- Experience in issues relevant to owner-managed businesses
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task and manage a demanding workload and multiple deadlines
- Strong leadership skills and ability to coach and develop team members
- A sense of humour with an ability to laugh at yourself. We’ll laugh with you.